Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Jan Bernhardt <jb...@talend.com> on 2013/02/26 15:41:46 UTC

Modal Schema Window in Console

Hi Syncoper,

I just took a look at the schema modal window in syncope when editing or creating a schema.

I was wondering about three things.

1) Why does "Mandatory condition" contains a text field instead of a checkbox like Multivalue or Read-only ?

2) Is conversation pattern used for anything else then date pattern?

3) Could be rearrange the element order? My suggestion would be:
Name (most important attribute)
Type (since this is the second most important attribute IMHO)
Conversation Pattern (read-only except for Date?)
Enumeration values
Enumeration labels
Validator class
Mandatory (without "condition")
Unique (without "condition")
Multivalue
Read-only

WDYT?
Can I create a JIRA ticket for this?

Best regards.
Jan

Re: Modal Schema Window in Console

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 26/02/2013 15:41, Jan Bernhardt wrote:
> Hi Syncoper,
>
> I just took a look at the schema modal window in syncope when editing or creating a schema.
>
> I was wondering about three things.

Hi Jan,
see my replies embedded below.

> 1) Why does "Mandatory condition" contains a text field instead of a checkbox like Multivalue or Read-only ?

As you can read from [1], "Mandatory condition" does not represent a
simple boolean value but

"true for mandatory attribute;
false for not mandatory attribute;
a condition on other attributes for a conditional mandatory (for
example, a condition gender can be: gender=='male')."

However, I have just noticed that it is missing the JEXL tip introduced
by SYNCOPE-210: reopened for this.

> 2) Is conversation pattern used for anything else then date pattern?

Again from [1]:

"conversion patter to serialize Long, Double and Date object into strings."

> 3) Could be rearrange the element order? My suggestion would be:
> Name (most important attribute)
> Type (since this is the second most important attribute IMHO)
> Conversation Pattern (read-only except for Date?)
> Enumeration values
> Enumeration labels
> Validator class
> Mandatory (without "condition")
> Unique (without "condition")
> Multivalue
> Read-only
>
> WDYT?
> Can I create a JIRA ticket for this?

+1 (but don't forget to update the Italian messages as well... ;-))

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Schema#Schema-CreateanewSchema

--