Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Rabe <dr...@opentext.com> on 2005/03/05 01:54:13 UTC

Windows service shutdown not invoking destroy()?

I'm running Tomcat 5.0.28 on Windows XP Pro as a Windows service. If I use shutdown.bat to stop Tomcat, then the destroy() method of my servlet is invoked. If I simply "stop" the Windows service, destroy() apparently is NOT called. The behavior is not consistent; I've seen it work on one machine, but not on another. I uninstalled and re-installed on the machine where it wasn't working, and it didn't make a difference (still doesn't work).

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
--Dan

Re: Windows service shutdown not invoking destroy()?

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes.  I have also experienced the same thing with unhappy results.

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:54:13 -0500, Daniel Rabe <dr...@opentext.com> wrote:
> I'm running Tomcat 5.0.28 on Windows XP Pro as a Windows service. If I use shutdown.bat to stop Tomcat, then the destroy() method of my servlet is invoked. If I simply "stop" the Windows service, destroy() apparently is NOT called. The behavior is not consistent; I've seen it work on one machine, but not on another. I uninstalled and re-installed on the machine where it wasn't working, and it didn't make a difference (still doesn't work).
>
> Has anyone else run into this?
>
> Thanks,
> --Dan

~Dakota Jack~