Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matthew Schmidt <ma...@javalobby.org> on 2006/01/09 17:15:28 UTC

FW: Old Comment Servlet?

Hi guys.  This is a forwarded message from a discussion with Dave.  It seems
some themes are posting to the old comment servlet.  Also, could we do away
with the exception when there is a null website or null weblog in the
comment posting?

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
we should double check it, but i don't think the problem is that there
are themes still posting to the old comment servlet.  the problem is
more likely that some users with older blogs have customized their
templates to post to the old comments servlet.  unfortunately there is
no easy way to sift through user templates and find who has hacked them
to point to the old comment servlet and update them.

it *should* be fairly unlikely that people have manually put the old
comment form in their templates, but that's the only explanation i
have.  the #showCommentsForm() macro has the correct url and that macro
is only called from a couple places.

-- Allen