Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by 诸葛亮 <82...@qq.com> on 2015/11/26 03:30:31 UTC

GC overhead limit exceeded when Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns

As the title describe,it seems the cube generate much data, it appeared in reduce stage, I add the kylin.job.mapreduce.default.reduce.input.mb=4096 but it doesn't work, what should I do?
Thanks for help,
xingchen

Re: GC overhead limit exceeded when Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
Firstly try to give your reducer more memory (by updating hadoop
configuration, you can google it) and then resume the job.

If the error still there, it indicates there might be one or more
high-cardinality dimension column in your cube. I’m doing an enhancement
which is related with this issue, plan to be release in v1.2 :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-980

“kylin.job.mapreduce.default.reduce.input.mb” is not related with your
issue; it is used to estimate the number of reducers for build N-D cuboids.