Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@cableinet.co.uk> on 2001/05/04 13:39:26 UTC

server.xml / dtd

Hi,

where can I find the dtd of server.xml? - is there such a thing?
Is the dtd the best place to find docs on server.xml or is there a complete
configuration doc elsewhere?

Thanks
Nathan

Re: server.xml / dtd

Posted by "Noel E. Lecaros" <sp...@mozcom.com>.
Hi, Nathan

As far as I can tell, there was no server.dtd in TC3.2.1.  There is, however, a
server.dtd beginning with TC3.3.  If such a DTD is present AND is actually
being referenced in the xml file in question.  The server.xml file in 3.3 does
not reference server.dtd, so this DTD is probably not definitive.  I think,
though, that once TC3.3 reaches release build status, this DTD may actually be
used.  The only definitive "doc" at this point unfortunately, is the source :-)

Regards,
Noel Lecaros

Re: server.xml / dtd

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@cableinet.co.uk>.
thanks,

I've found web.dtd but this seems to be the servlet spec dtd for web app
deployment descriptors (web.xml files) and not the server config dtd (server.xml).

Nathan

Re: server.xml / dtd

Posted by Hari Yellina <ye...@iprimus.com.au>.