Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Muhammad Rizwan <ri...@nixpanel.com> on 2005/09/19 16:16:06 UTC

[users@httpd] site refresh

Hello

Is there any way in apache to refresh just one site instead of
restarting whole daemon.

Any idea.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Dmitriy Kirhlarov <dk...@oilspace.com>.
On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:33:25PM +0500, Muhammad Rizwan wrote:

> IS this graceful restart is equal to /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart

No it's equal to /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd gracefull

:)

--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
> Muhammad Rizwan wrote:
> > Another thing is that, why apache can refresh just one virtual domain.

I haven't tried it myself, but I understand there are modules that will do
that.  But that's based on storing per-virtual-host config in an SQL database
IIRC.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Because all the virutalhosts run in the same process, this is not
possible.  You raise an interesting question, if a per-host MPM was set
up to permit this, it would be possible, al la perchild. (Note that the
perchild mpm will not support Win32 as written.)

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Muhammad Rizwan <ri...@nixpanel.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Muhammad Rizwan <ri...@nixpanel.com>.
IS this graceful restart is equal to /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart

Thanks, for your reply

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Dmitriy Kirhlarov <dk...@oilspace.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 9/19/05, Muhammad Rizwan <ri...@nixpanel.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> So i can just reread the configuration of one virtual host. But i can't
> understand what 'll happen with in case of graceful restart. 'll it
> destroys all the sessions of other sites or not. Can you plz. provide me
> any proof for this painless restart.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/stopping.html#graceful

No existing requests are lost.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Muhammad Rizwan <ri...@nixpanel.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

So i can just reread the configuration of one virtual host. But i can't
understand what 'll happen with in case of graceful restart. 'll it
destroys all the sessions of other sites or not. Can you plz. provide me
any proof for this painless restart.

Thanking you again.

Re: [users@httpd] site refresh

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.