Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Aaron Hark <ah...@gwhs.kana.k12.wv.us> on 1998/03/16 21:19:58 UTC

mod_log-any/1955: frozen referer_log and agent_log

>Number:         1955
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       frozen referer_log and agent_log
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Apache has been running with no problem for months. Abruptly, on Feb 18 at 1:30pm,
the referer_log and agent_log both suddenly stopped recording. I did not notice
this for a week, so I cannot remember if it began when I patched to 1.2.5 .
RedHat did place the wrong rpm of Apache on their server originally, which I
corrected as soon as the proper one was available. I can find no logical explanation
as to why this stoppage has occurred. I have restarted and halted the server and rebooted
the machine. No luck. I could probably completely reset my logs, but that would
still not allow me to know *why* this has happened.
>How-To-Repeat:
I have no idea. Maybe get an access_log of around 25 megs, error_log of 1.3 megs,
a referer_log of 9.4 megs, and an agent_log of 5.9 megs.
>Fix:
None that I can think of -- like I said, resetting the logs may prove a temporary
fix