Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/28 10:23:36 UTC

Where is the supported OS coded?

Hi all,
I tried the combo that is not supported: Ubuntu 20.04 and Ubuntu 22.04 of
the Ambari coming from Bigtop. Although the package is installed properly,
together with bigtop 3.2.0's mpack files, unfortunately there is hardcoded
OS support in the system that despite editing the following files still
won't allow the installation to proceed.  They are mainly are:
- /usr/lib/ambari-server/lib/ambari_commons/resources/os_family.json
- /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ambari_commons/resources/os_family.json
-  /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/BGTP/1.0/repos/repoinfo.xml (I
added a new entry called ubuntu18 but point the URL to Bigtop's Ubuntu
22.04 repo)

Firstly the error came during the last point which if I set it to ubuntu
22, it would not generate the VDF file saying it is not support

Next after that hack, I managed to use Ambari all the way to step #9 to
deploy but the error thrown stopped the process.  It said

"org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: Operating System
matching ubuntu22 could not be found at
org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerImpl.retrieveHostRepositories(AmbariManagementControllerImpl.java:5938)"

Unless someone tells me it is hardcoded into the jar files during
compilation, can this be changed?  Do I have to roll my own version and if
so, where is the file that has the hardcoding of OS in the module that
reads the repoinfo.xml  and cause the OS validation during deployment?

Keng