Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Me Self <wm...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/22 12:56:23 UTC

Effective scope of transitive dependencies when taking type into consideration?

I have a project A that depends on project B that depends on project C.

If the scope of the project B dependency is "provided" and the scope
of the project C dependency is also "provided" then according to
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-project-dependencies.html
the effective scope of project C in project A would also be "provided"
(if I read the table correctly).

But does the type of dependency affect the effective scope? For
instance I have a (maybe somewhat unusual) situation that project B is
an EAR file. From what I can gather from doing a "mvn dependency:tree"
all transitive dependencies under project B is omitted in project A?
Is that correct behaviour?