Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu> on 2000/11/04 18:56:22 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Apache::SSI 2.14

The URL

    http://mathforum.com/~ken/modules/archive/Apache-SSI-2.14.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/K/KW/KWILLIAMS/Apache-SSI-2.14.tar.gz
  size: 23758 bytes
   md5: 805ef1fb308a014dad5c923cfa676c26

Revision history for Perl extension Apache::SSI.

2.14  Fri Nov  3 16:21:45 EST 2000
   We now use Apache::test for the 'make test' part of installation.
   Made changes throughout the distribution for this.

   Now correctly sets the DOCUMENT_URI environment variable.
   [jacqui.caren@ig.co.uk (Jacqui Caren)]

   Nested if...endif sections now work correctly.  Previously they were
   not allowed. [dburry@tagnet.org (David Burry)]

   If the structure of if...endif XSSI sections is malformed, we now
   return an error instead of dying.  This seems better.  Note that
   mod_include will just continue on without any errors, giving really
   strange results that are hard to debug.

   The error() method will not attempt to write to the error logs in
   standalone mode anymore.  This was causing a fatal error in standalone
   mode.

   Added a test to the test suite that makes sure simple subclassing of
   Apache::SSI works as expected.

   Added a couple of tests (not exercised yet) for nested if...elsif XSSI
   structures.  Corresponding code is mostly written, but needs some more
   scrutiny & testing.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum