Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2007/09/14 01:23:29 UTC

NotSerializableException for SLF4JLocationAwareLog with Wicket 1.2.6

I noticed the following in my logs today when using Wicket 1.2.6. Is this a
known issue?

Thanks,

Matt

Sep 14, 2007 1:19:59 AM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession
writeObject
Sep 14, 2007 1:19:59 AM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession
writeObject
WARNING: Cannot serialize session attribute wicket:/app:p:null:1 for session
8900AC5E8B0DBAD32BF7C00EACC22B19
WARNING: Cannot serialize session attribute wicket:/app:p:null:1 for session
8900AC5E8B0DBAD32BF7C00EACC22B19
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLocationAwareLog

Re: NotSerializableException for SLF4JLocationAwareLog with Wicket 1.2.6

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> or transient...

That will fix the exception, but will throw null pointers when you use
the back button (at least with the SLCSS/ in a cluster).

Eelco

Re: NotSerializableException for SLF4JLocationAwareLog with Wicket 1.2.6

Posted by "Nino.Martinez" <ni...@jayway.dk>.
or transient...

-Nino

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> Your framework review is spot on about a very helpful community. Not sure
> Eelco or Igor ever sleep.

Not sure either ;-) But many others in the team and some users work
just as hard on supporting Wicket!

Eelco

Re: NotSerializableException for SLF4JLocationAwareLog with Wicket 1.2.6

Posted by Sam Hough <sa...@redspr.com>.
That is a shame. Our web developer/HTML monkey seems quite happy. The Wicket
guys have really gone the full monty in not having any scripting. IMHO this
is a good thing. As a GWT fan I'd go further and have fewer HTML chunks :)

I'm still a bit worried about Ajax requests be single threaded per Page...
and worried about the complexity of Wicket but still very glad not be using
struts etc.

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I'm using it with pleasure. ;-)

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.