Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/14 14:55:47 UTC

[VOTE] Two tree controls

I propose a vote to end the tree vs tree2 controversey.  Since it
seems that Oliver and I have reached an impasse (to put it mildly), I
move that we have two tree controls: tree and tree2 and let the user
decide which is best for them.

While I think it is unfortunate that we cannot agree on a single new
tree control together this is probably the best course of action for
the sake of the team.  So I'd like a vote on this so I can know for
sure how to go forward.

I will start the voting ... +1 for me

ps. I know we don't like voting but I think its important to have
voting for big decisions like this.  Oliver and I have both put a lot
of time into the respective tree controls so its only fair that we ask
the group for direction on how to proceed.

Re: [VOTE] Two tree controls

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Manfred,

I think you misunderstood the nature of the vote.  I was just asking
for a vote on whether we should have two components not which
component is better.  You yourself suggested that this might be the
best alternative if you thought we couldn't resolve the differences.
I'm just asking for a vote so I know how to go forward.  Its not
personal.

What do you suggest we do then?

sean

Re: [VOTE] Two tree controls

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
No worries about the English.  My German is even worse (zero.) ;-)

The current situation (two controls) was not intended to be the final
outcome.  I wanted to make sure that we were all in agreement that two
controls was the best solution under the circumstances.

If you don't feel a vote is necessary then I am ok with that.  Lets
consider the vote canceled and the matter resolved.

Regards,

sean

Re: [VOTE] Two tree controls

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.