Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Diodato, Anthony" <ad...@lfd.com> on 2003/07/23 14:34:44 UTC

Newbie question

I'm new to Velocity, but very familiar with Java.

How can I pass a value to a html page, from a url, and read that value on
the ensuing html page to display some text.

For example.
On a page, I have a link that points to
http://localhost/test/index.html?RESET=true
On the Ensuing html page, I want to look for that RESET value that is passed
through the url, and have the page dynamically display some text.

So if the value is true, one thing should happen, if it is false, something
else should happen.
Thanks in advance
Tony

Anthony Diodato
Lead XML Developer
Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc.
One Commerce Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103
1-267-234-6069 (phone)
adiodato@lfd.com
http://www.lfd.com/

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential.  The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.

RE: Newbie question

Posted by "A. Kevin Baynes" <kb...@seagullsw.com>.
The value of 'RESET' will be available from the HttpServletRequest object
using getParameter("RESET").

Check out the servlet fundamentals tutorial :
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/Servlets/Fundamentals
/

~akb