Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by ai...@gmail.com, ai...@gmail.com on 2019/05/21 09:25:43 UTC

CXF 3.3.x version does not list OpenAPI JSON as part of resource listing

Hi Team,

We have upgraded CXF version from 3.2.x to 3.3.x. And we have also migrated to using OpenAPIFeature from Swagger2Feature. The URL - http://<host>:<port>/context/services will give the resource listing of all CXF services(in the case of multiple server endpoints)

When we used Swagger2Feature, the above url used to list the swagger json links too as part of resource listing. But after migrating to OpenAPIFeature, CXF resource listing does not include Open API JSONs of the CXF Application. However, We are able to see the Swagger UI if we go to their respective context URLs. Is there any way to define in OpenAPIFeature to include OpenAPI JSONs in CXF resource listing.

Thanks,
Aishwarya S

Re: CXF 3.3.x version does not list OpenAPI JSON as part of resource listing

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks a lot for confirming. The CXF team releases often and regularly, there are several
other issues which are being worked on, the release should be coming in a few weeks (at most) I believe.
Thank you.

asgc> Thank you. I am able to see OpenAPI spec links in CXF resource listing page with this version(3.3.3-SNAPSHOT)

asgc> Can I have a release version having these changes?

asgc> Thank you.

Re: CXF 3.3.x version does not list OpenAPI JSON as part of resource listing

Posted by ai...@gmail.com, ai...@gmail.com.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 23/05/19 09:42, aishwarya.s1910@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Andriy,
>
> I just checked this central maven repository and I am not able to find 3.3.3-SNAPSHOT.
>
> http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cxf/cxf-rt-rs-service-description-openapi-v3/
>
> I have checked the following SNAPSHOTS repository also but couldn't find it
>
> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/
>
> Could you please a release version of the same?

You should add the following repository definition in your project:

   <repository>
     <id>apache.snapshots</id>
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/</url>
     <snapshots>
       <enabled>true</enabled>
     </snapshots>
   </repository>

HTH
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aishwarya,

Apologies for the delay, it seems like an issue, the service generator does not recognize the
presence of OpenAPI specification endpoints. Could you please submit a bug [0], it should not
take long to fix. Thank you.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CXF/issues

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

asgc> Hi Team,

asgc> We have upgraded CXF version from 3.2.x to 3.3.x. And we have also migrated to using OpenAPIFeature from
asgc> Swagger2Feature. The URL - http://<host>:<port>/context/services will give the resource listing of all CXF services(in the case of multiple server endpoints)

asgc> When we used Swagger2Feature, the above url used to list the swagger json links too as part of resource listing.
asgc> But after migrating to OpenAPIFeature, CXF resource listing does not include Open API JSONs of the CXF
asgc> Application. However, We are able to see the Swagger UI if we go to their respective context URLs. Is there any
asgc> way to define in OpenAPIFeature to include OpenAPI JSONs in CXF resource listing.

asgc> Thanks,
asgc> Aishwarya S