Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/09/23 10:55:05 UTC

[HEADSUP] [Views] forrest site broken

Hi all,

the forrest site target is broken for views. Besides that you *need* to
copy commons-jxpath-1.2.jar from cocoon-2.2.x into lib/core of forrest.
That will break the whole forrest site as well for the "old fashion"
skins.

The cli depends on the linkmap, which cannot be build because a conflict
of namespaces. site:bla will be interpreted as jxpath expression and
site: as namespace.

I will earliest have time to look on that on the weekend. I am sorry for
any inconvenient and that views in the trunk is broken. Anyway the
problem is in our code and we need to fix it, otherwise we will never be
able to use JX in forrest which is a showstopper for any release.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [HEADSUP] [Views] forrest site broken

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> Last weekend I started to check this problem. I believe we did a step by
> suspecting the problems is in using namespaces in LinkRewriteTransformer
> + jxpath 1.2. This Sunday, I will try to make some
> LinkRewriterTransformer samples inside Cocoon using namespaces (as used
> in Forrest). The idea is to check the LinkRewriterTransformer behavior
> with namespaces. I guess we are close to find and fix the jxpath 1.2
> problem. It is only a matter of time. ;-)

Just copying the existing sample in Cocoon and
adding a namespace will trigger the problem.

-David

Re: [HEADSUP] [Views] forrest site broken

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El vie, 23-09-2005 a las 16:47 -0500, Antonio Gallardo escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >the forrest site target is broken for views. Besides that you *need* to
> >copy commons-jxpath-1.2.jar from cocoon-2.2.x into lib/core of forrest.
> >That will break the whole forrest site as well for the "old fashion"
> >skins.
> >
> >The cli depends on the linkmap, which cannot be build because a conflict
> >of namespaces. site:bla will be interpreted as jxpath expression and
> >site: as namespace.
> >
> >I will earliest have time to look on that on the weekend.
> >
> Last weekend I started to check this problem. I believe we did a step by
> suspecting the problems is in using namespaces in LinkRewriteTransformer
> + jxpath 1.2. This Sunday, I will try to make some
> LinkRewriterTransformer samples inside Cocoon using namespaces (as used
> in Forrest). The idea is to check the LinkRewriterTransformer behavior
> with namespaces. I guess we are close to find and fix the jxpath 1.2
> problem. It is only a matter of time. ;-)

*Eres* el mejor, killo. :)

I will have a look as well maybe I can assist your work in any way. BTW
I will now debug the linkmap because it is failing as well for views in
forrest run mode. I will post my findings to the list.

The finding of Mark is as well very interesting:
X [0] linkmap.html  BROKEN:
org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathContext.setNamespaceContextPointer(Lorg/apache/commons/jxpath/Pointer;)
and fuels our suspicion.

Thanks very much Antonio for your continuous work in lenya, cocoon and
forrest. Your are the best lib updater I can wish for, helping to get
jxpath working. :)

salu2

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>the forrest site target is broken for views. Besides that you *need* to
>copy commons-jxpath-1.2.jar from cocoon-2.2.x into lib/core of forrest.
>That will break the whole forrest site as well for the "old fashion"
>skins.
>
>The cli depends on the linkmap, which cannot be build because a conflict
>of namespaces. site:bla will be interpreted as jxpath expression and
>site: as namespace.
>
>I will earliest have time to look on that on the weekend.

Last weekend I started to check this problem. I believe we did a step by
suspecting the problems is in using namespaces in LinkRewriteTransformer
+ jxpath 1.2. This Sunday, I will try to make some
LinkRewriterTransformer samples inside Cocoon using namespaces (as used
in Forrest). The idea is to check the LinkRewriterTransformer behavior
with namespaces. I guess we are close to find and fix the jxpath 1.2
problem. It is only a matter of time. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [HEADSUP] [Views] forrest site broken

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
I would suggest that you describe Forrest's problems with namespaces,
JXPath and JXTemplateGenerator at cocoon-dev. IIRC, Vadim made the
modules that use JXPath namespace aware and there have been discussions
about doing the same for JXTemplateGenerator, maybe it even is done.

Anyway, the JXTemplateGenerator should defenitively be able to handle
namespaces and there are several people at cocoon-dev that have worked
on similar things, so I think you have a larger chance to get response
there.

/Daniel

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the forrest site target is broken for views. Besides that you *need* to
> copy commons-jxpath-1.2.jar from cocoon-2.2.x into lib/core of forrest.
> That will break the whole forrest site as well for the "old fashion"
> skins.
>
> The cli depends on the linkmap, which cannot be build because a conflict
> of namespaces. site:bla will be interpreted as jxpath expression and
> site: as namespace.

Not only in the 'forrest' cli mode but also
in 'forrest run mode':

-David