Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Black <jb...@ieee.org> on 2003/12/02 15:56:50 UTC

re: class needed not found: tools/ant/Task

Hello,
  I am curious why this is happening:
taskdef A class needed by class xdoclet.DocletTask cannot be found:
org/apache/tools/ant/Task

  I have set ANT_HOME (I am running Solaris8) to /usr/local/apps/ant, as
the ant.jar is in $ANT_HOME/lib
  I am using ant 1.6beta2

  I have also added the ant.jar pathelement to the taskdef classpath,
but that doesn't work either.

  The last thing I tried was
<typedef name="adaptto" classname="org.apache.tools.ant.Task">
  <classpath>
    <pathelement location="/usr/local/apps/ant/lib/ant.jar"/>
  </classpath>
</typedef>

  Any suggestions for me to try?  I am trying to use junitperfdoclet.

  Thank you.