Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ori Marco <or...@praxell.com> on 2008/01/27 14:24:29 UTC

Dynamic JDBC configuration (user&pass)

Hi

How can I use dynamic username and password in JDBC connection
configuration?

If it's possible can database URL be dynamic?

Thanks

Ori Marko
Quality Assurance Engineer
Praxell Inc.
http://www.praxell.com <http://www.praxell.com>

Re: Dynamic JDBC configuration (user&pass)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
See my posting of June 16th

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/06/2008, Simon De Uvarow <sd...@ces.com.uy> wrote:
> OK, thanks. I discuss the problem with my coworkers, and we conclude that,
>  in this case, we want to simulate the load made by a application server, not
>  by a group of users.
>
>  And the appl. servers use one user and a connection pool .. so, it's good
>  for the test.
>
>  I think, in the case of a user group doing things in a DB .. it could be
>  solved with a program that run several JMeter instances with the same
>  TestPlan (if the users do the same in the DB), but changing the user in the
>  connection ...   it is a hard workaround .. but is a possibility..

I don't think it's very difficult - just define the user name and
password using the __P() function, and pass the properties on the
command-line.

There is another possible work-round:

If there aren't too many different users involved - e.g. 10 or fewer -
then one could set up a JDBC Config element for each user/password.
Name the pools USER1 ... USER10. The Max number of connections must be
set to 0 to ensure a single connection per thread.

The JDBC Request can use a variable for the pool name, e.g.
USER${__threadNum} would work if there were 10 threads in total. Or
the thread could read the pool name from a file.

The JDBC Config element cannot be configured in the same way - it has
to use values that are fixed when it is processed at the start of the
test.

Posted by Simon De Uvarow <sd...@ces.com.uy>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon De Uvarow <sd...@gmail.com>.