Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Jansen, Michael" <Mi...@necam.com> on 2011/08/05 18:30:42 UTC

Adding manifest headers that will end up in the final JAR manifest

Hello,

I am writing a plug-in for Atlassian JIRA and am attempting to get a
build number into the final manifest of the plug-in JAR file that is run
in JIRA.

I am using the codehaus buildnumber-maven-plugin to generate a build
number and the maven-jar-plugin to add items into the manifest.  These
are working successfully and the resulting MANIFEST.MF file has what I
need.  The problem is that when the plug-in is installed in JIRA, it is
transformed and I lose those headers, so at runtime, I do not have
access to them.  I could fix this by embedding another file in the JAR
with the build information but I would like to avoid that if possible.

In tracking down this issue, I came across Felix, which is used in the
Atlassian Plugin SDK, and am wondering if there aren't some instructions
that I can pass to Felix that will result in getting manifest items into
the transformed plugin.

Thanks,

Mike