Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org> on 2006/11/14 12:46:43 UTC

toSource() function missing from FlowScript ?

Hi All

On the Users list :

     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
users&m=116114940529489&w=2

We were having a discussion about the easiest way to send FlowScript
Objects as JSON data to the client.

I suggested using the Object.toSource() function explained here :

     http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/
Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Global_Objects:Object:toSource

TBH I had not actually tried it when I sent that advice, now I am
trying it, I find that toSource() is not implemented in the version
of Rhino used in FlowScript.

According to the docs above, toSource was added in Javascript 1.3.

Can anyone explain what is going wrong ?

thanks

regards Jeremy

Re: toSource() function missing from FlowScript ?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org>.
On 14 Nov 2006, at 14:26, Jason Johnston wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Hi All
>> On the Users list :
>>     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
>> users&m=116114940529489&w=2
>> We were having a discussion about the easiest way to send
>> FlowScript Objects as JSON data to the client.
>> I suggested using the Object.toSource() function explained here :
>>     http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/
>> Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference:Global_Objects:Object:toSource TBH I
>> had not actually tried it when I sent that advice, now I am trying
>> it, I find that toSource() is not implemented in the version of
>> Rhino used in FlowScript.
>> According to the docs above, toSource was added in Javascript 1.3.
>

> According to the Rhino changelog[1], toSource/uneval support was
> added in Rhino 1.5R5.  Cocoon 2.1.x uses a forked 1.5R4, so yes it
> would be missing support.  Cocoon trunk uses Rhino 1.6 so support
> should be there.
>
> [1] http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/rhino15R5.html

Many thanks for the explanation.

best regards