Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by FireMail <in...@innova-studios.com> on 2007/08/02 12:49:39 UTC

spamd for a specific user generates 100% cpu load

hi there,

i configured my spamd that it scans all emails that go in and out. the then
spawned spamd process is owned by the mailuser itself (in my case its
mail008).

The funny thing is, that everything runs fine with my other 500 spamd users
/ processes, but this single user creates an incredibly server load. the
processes dont terminate, they keep running on the system and generate 100%
cpu load. I asked the person that uses this account and he told me that he
doesnt receive many emails, just small ones with about 10kb or 100kb. So
this can't be the reason.
Do you have any ideas what could stress spamd?

Maybe there is a possibility to say that the mail user always runs processes
with "nice -n 19", that would help a lot

anyway, kind regards, me