Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2021/01/27 08:32:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] EventMesh Proposal

Good time of the time to all!

I'd like to bring this new interesting project for the discussion, comments
and feedback with the aim of starting a formal [VOTE] of its acceptance
into Incubator.

People behind this project aren't new to Apache: some of them were behind
the Apache RocketMQ, which I consider a huge success(especially in China)
as the community is literally thriving almost 5 years after the graduation.

I have been involved a little bit with this project when it just started in
WeBank a few years ago. And I'd like to emphasize that the community
however small it might look so far, has been aligned with Apache ways of
doing things. Von Gosling is very instrumental in tirelessly helping this
group to learn what it means to be a truly open source project.

The code is already under ALv2 and is publicly available. As you will see
it has a lot of dependency connections with the rest of Apache ecosystem
and IMO will fit very well here and continue to grow the community.

By the way, we still need 1 to 2 mentors, please let me know if you are
interested.

With best regards,

The project's proposal is available at [1].

Thank you very much for the feedback you're willing to provide!

Eason Chen

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/EventMeshProposal

Re: [DISCUSS] EventMesh Proposal

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
If you want to do the name search before being accepted then please submit a JIRA here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH/

You then provide the results of your search in the issue. The trademark committee / VP, Brand will review. This might take a few weeks.

It is up to you whether you want to gate this proposal on name approval.

Otherwise it’s as Sheng Wu wrote.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

PODLINGNAMESEARCH-189 for EventMesh has been approved.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexander Alten <al...@scalytics.io>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

A Name Search was started but not completed.

I’m surprised that a vote was started while that was still active.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Thank you for your correction, a PODLINGNAMESEARCH issue has been created
and followed up.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> > > however small it might look so far, has been aligned with Apache ways
> > > of
> > > doing things. Von Gosling is very instrumental in tirelessly helping
> > > this
> > > group to learn what it means to be a truly open source project.
> > >
> > > The code is already under ALv2 and is publicly available. As you will
> > > see
> > > it has a lot of dependency connections with the rest of Apache
> > > ecosystem
> > > and IMO will fit very well here and continue to grow the community.
> > >
> > > By the way, we still need 1 to 2 mentors, please let me know if you
> > > are
> > > interested.
> > >
> > > With best regards,
> > >
> > > The project's proposal is available at [1].
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for the feedback you're willing to provide!

Nothing is impossible

Re: [DISCUSS] EventMesh Proposal

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
@Sheng Wu

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I am honored that JB and François are willing to help the eventmesh
project. I will soon initiate a discussion on evaluating Karaf 5 in the
community.

regards,
Eason Chen

Posted by fp...@apache.org.