Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2003/02/06 12:11:44 UTC

Re: Cocoon 2.1 NOT Executing

Hello Sam,

it's the well-known endorsed lib problem. If Cocoon 2.0.4 works, I guess
you copied the xalan-xx.jar, xercesImpl-xx.jar and xml-apis.jar from the
Cocoon 2.0.4 lib dirctory to %JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/endorsed or to
%TOMCAT_HOME%/common/endorsed. Now the problem is, that with Cocoon 2.1
you get other versions of xalan-xx.jar and xercesImpl-xx.jar and you
have to do it again.
Another possibility (especially when you want to switch between both
versions) is to remove the above mentioned JARs from the endorsed
diretories and to start Cocoon with the option
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/path/to/Cocoon/lib, which can be set differently
for both Cocoon versions.

Joerg