Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Aslam Bari <ia...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/09/08 11:07:11 UTC

Get Property Type & Date Compare

Dear All,
I have two small issues. Can some body help me.

1. I want search with DASL query all resources which have creationdate
2006-06-06. The <d:gt> and <d:lt> operators works well on date. But when i
am giving
   Following query it does not giving me anything.

<D:eq>
         <D:prop>
               <D:creationdate/>
         </D:prop>
         <D:literal>
                 2006-06-06
         </D:literal>
</D:eq>

I have seen in resources they have creationdate like 2006-06-06T07:33:42Z.
Is this is problem of format? If i want to ignore time part what it will do?

2. If there is any Webdav request to get Property type like displayname is
of type string, creationdate is of type DATE, contentlengh is of type INT
etc.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Get Property Type & Date Compare

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Aslam,

Aslam Bari wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have two small issues. Can some body help me.

I hope I can help you out.

> 1. I want search with DASL query all resources which have creationdate
> 2006-06-06. The <d:gt> and <d:lt> operators works well on date. But when i
> am giving
>    Following query it does not giving me anything.
>
> <D:eq>
>          <D:prop>
>                <D:creationdate/>
>          </D:prop>
>          <D:literal>
>                  2006-06-06
>          </D:literal>
> </D:eq>
>
> I have seen in resources they have creationdate like 2006-06-06T07:33:42Z.
> Is this is problem of format? If i want to ignore time part what it will do?

Yes I think the problem is the format. I'm not sure what type of slide
configuration you have but there are two more operators that you could use.

  <S:property-contains>
    <D:prop><u:abstract/></D:prop>
    <D:literal>Word</D:literal>
  </S:property-contains>

or propcontains

<S:propcontains><D:prop><D:author/></D:prop><D:literal>root*</D:literal></S:propcontains>

More little more information can be found at:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/DaslConfiguration

> 2. If there is any Webdav request to get Property type like displayname is
> of type string, creationdate is of type DATE, contentlengh is of type INT
> etc.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

I'm afraid that based on a propfind the property will always be a string
in the returned XML.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Reijn
Hippo