Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by huyle <hu...@springpartners.com> on 2011/12/01 19:26:03 UTC

decommissioned not show being gossipped

Hi,

We have 2 nodes have been decommissioned from the cluster running 1.0.3.
However, the live nodes still making references to the decommissioned nodes
3 days after the nodes were decommissioned.  Nodetool does not show the
decommissioned noes. Here are sample log entries:

 INFO [GossipStage:1] 2011-12-01 18:20:37,882 Gossiper.java (line 759)
InetAddress /x.x.x.x is now dead.
 INFO [GossipStage:1] 2011-12-01 18:20:37,882 StorageService.java (line
1039) Removing token 170141183460469231731687303715884105727 for /x.x.x.x

What might be causing this issue?    Any chance this is related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3243?

Thanks!

Huy

Re: decommissioned not show being gossipped

Posted by huyle <hu...@springpartners.com>.
In our case, we need to execute "unsafeAssassinateEndpoint" from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3337.    How do we go about
applying the patch attached to CASSANDRA-3337?  We always used the binary
distribution; never had to compile cassandra; so we are not sure of the
proper way to apply the patch and compile new binary.  We currently running
1.0.3.

 Thanks!

Huy

unsafeAssassinateEndpoint

Brandon Williams wrote

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by huyle <hu...@springpartners.com>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM, huyle <hu...@springpartners.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have 2 nodes have been decommissioned from the cluster running 1.0.3.
> However, the live nodes still making references to the decommissioned nodes
> 3 days after the nodes were decommissioned.  Nodetool does not show the
> decommissioned noes. Here are sample log entries:

How in sync are the clocks in the cluster?

-Brandon