Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick Kirby <ni...@freeuk.com> on 2005/01/12 23:15:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Causing Server to not start

Hello, I am trying to set up vhosts.

I have set the NameVirtualHost to the PC's IP address, and set the port to
80.

I manage to set up the first virtual host without difficulty, but as this is
the same site as is configured in the main conf file, I am not surprised.

Trying to set the second vhost up to serve pages from an entirely different
domain causes the server to fail to restart, so my syntax is wrong.

I am using name based vhosts on one IP address. Having looked at the Apache
files I have used only ServerName and DocumentRoot to attempt to configure
the vhosts.

Which parameter am I missing?

Additionally, is it possible to have the Apache server create a log file for
each web vhosted website?

Many thanks,

Nick

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Causing Server to not start

Posted by Grand Apeiron <Gr...@gmx.net>.
Did you read the parth on VHost's of the Apache2 documentation?
If not you should do so. It should contain every information
necessary to get your configuration up running.

Greetings,
Grand Apeiron

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 22:15 +0000, Nick Kirby wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to set up vhosts.
>
> I have set the NameVirtualHost to the PC's IP address, and set the port to
> 80.
>
> I manage to set up the first virtual host without difficulty, but as this is
> the same site as is configured in the main conf file, I am not surprised.
>
> Trying to set the second vhost up to serve pages from an entirely different
> domain causes the server to fail to restart, so my syntax is wrong.
>
> I am using name based vhosts on one IP address. Having looked at the Apache
> files I have used only ServerName and DocumentRoot to attempt to configure
> the vhosts.
>
> Which parameter am I missing?
>
> Additionally, is it possible to have the Apache server create a log file for
> each web vhosted website?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Nick

If I would be a tapeworm, I would prefer penguins.