Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/06 21:31:07 UTC

int 0..1 in my xsd is generated as int in Java instead of Integer

I have an XSD with int 0..1 and xmlbeans generates the java code with
int instead of Integer.  I have tested with xfire and xfire generates
Integer.  Anyone know why xmlbeans uses integer?  Here is the part of
my xsd:

<element name="idProduction" type="int" maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="0">
</element>

Thanks,
Michael

Re: int 0..1 in my xsd is generated as int in Java instead of Integer

Posted by Ole Matzura <ol...@eviware.com>.
Hi Michael,

XmlBeans usually also generates an "unsetXXX" method in these situations
which you can use to it to "null"..

regards,

/Ole
eviware.com

Posted by Pim Tjeertes <Pi...@xs4all.nl>.
Hi Michael,

can explain why you expect an Integer object instead of an int  Java
primitive.

I would be disappointed if xmlbeans would do it the otherway around.

Kind regards, Pim

Posted by Ole Matzura <ol...@eviware.com>.
Hi Michael,

you should be able to use the "isSetXXX" method to do something like

Integer intValue = myXmlBeansObj.isSetXXX() ? myXmlBeansObj.getXXX() : null;

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
eviware.com