Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2006/02/13 06:43:35 UTC

Support for ProxyPreserveHost with mod_proxy_balancer?

hi,

i am trying to use mod_proxy_balancer with a backend that is in turn
using name-based virtual hosts.

it seems that mod_proxy_balancer doesn't honor ProxyPreserveHost (both
2.2.0 and trunk), and does not send the Host: header to the backend.

would there be interest in a patch for that or am i attempting something
dumb?

thanks,

-gregor

Re: Support for ProxyPreserveHost with mod_proxy_balancer?

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> i am trying to use mod_proxy_balancer with a backend that is in turn
> using name-based virtual hosts.
>
> it seems that mod_proxy_balancer doesn't honor ProxyPreserveHost (both
> 2.2.0 and trunk), and does not send the Host: header to the backend.
>
> would there be interest in a patch for that or am i attempting something
> dumb?

The Host header should always be sent to the backend, not doing so
violates HTTP/1.1. This sounds like a bug of some kind.

Regards,
Graham

Re: Support for ProxyPreserveHost with mod_proxy_balancer?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
I can't recreate that here... Can you provide more info?