Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jerry Jiang <je...@sjcloud.cn> on 2013/08/09 09:43:10 UTC

答复: instance name in vsphere?

Another question,

The same environment:CS4.0 + vsphere.

I found the template which I upload from CS is showing UUID as its template
name in vsphere

Can I change the name?

Thanks

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
We are running vsphere 5.1 and each time we define name, that name gets appended in vsphere.

For example, if I define a hostname when I go through "Add Instance" Wizard, the name that I define under "Name" field, when deployed will be "i-4-298-my-hostname-in-acs" in vsphere.

The way we achieved this, we took a source code of 4.1 and backported the patch "CLOUDSTACK-778", generated RPMs - and installed it.

It works without any issues and has ben in production use for the past 6 months in 3 other companies. We've also backported support for dVS into 4.1

If you would like to give it a try, I can post the latest RPMs, or you can grab the source code and do it yourself. Its available on http://www.github.com/serverchief/cloudsand

CloudSand edition of ACS is backward compatible to 4.2 when it comes out. You can read more about it on www.cloudsand.com

Alternatively, you can wait for 4.2 release and all these features will be available by default.

Regards
ilya

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
No, it is not currently supported to use customized template names

Kelven