Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1997/06/06 15:43:25 UTC

Re: [STATUS] Fri Jun 6 08:12:55 EDT 1997

Randy Terbush wrote:

> > Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > >  * Debate branching
> >
> > Hasn't that bit finished?
>
> Roy raises some good questions and suggestions on this topic. The
> CVS archive has been branched for 1.2.x development. What we do
> with the HEAD is up to us. Be it 1.3 development or 2.0.
>
> Roy raises concern about the size that the CVS database will reach
> if we don't create a new repository for apache2. Seems that at
> least in the initial few months, it could be useful to easily diff
> against older versions of Apache. ?? Carefully bringing up the
> example of FreeBSD.... Apache is a much smaller codebase and seems
> that it would not be a problem to maintain all versions in the same
> repository.  ??

I dunno. It'd mean branching again for 1.3, right? Or for 2.0.

But surely we can leave the question to one side for now - we know what we
are doing with 1.3 (the changes listed in STATUS+NT), but have not even started
to firm up for 2.0.

When we actually start developing 2.0, then we need to decide.

Cheers,

Ben.