Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2007/10/25 12:23:18 UTC

configure build trigger ('after each commit') web-console

i want a build to be triggered on each commit on my svn server. in jira it
has been discussed to trigger this though a post-commit hook in subversion.
i would like to configure this not through svn merely through continuum
itself.

is there a way for continuum to somehow poll the subversion-repository
(similar to cruise control) and to set this on the continuum web-console?
jira was a bit unclear about it (it only mentions post-commit hooks of the
respective scm-implementation).

i am currently using 1.1-beta-3.

Re: configure build trigger ('after each commit') web-console

Posted by Vanja Petreski <vp...@gmail.com>.
> > Isn't that same as the developer who are doing svn update for every
> project
> > every one minute?
>
> I'm not sure the developer run a svn update every minute ;)

:))

> > Personally, I don't understand why some users need to run a build for
> each
> >> commit???
> >

> >  Isn't that one of the feature of the Continuous Integration? To
> discover
> > problems ASAP?
>
> yes, but IMO, one hour is enough for asap.

I agree :)

Vanja

Re: configure build trigger ('after each commit') web-console

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Vanja Petreski a écrit :
> On 10/25/07, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
>> OneMin scheduler isn't a good thing if you have lot of projets or big
>> projects in Continuum and you consume lot of resources on your continuum
>> server and svn server.
>

> Isn't that same as the developer who are doing svn update for every project
> every one minute?

I'm not sure the developer run a svn update every minute ;)

> Personally, I don't understand why some users need to run a build for each
>> commit???
>

>  Isn't that one of the feature of the Continuous Integration? To discover
> problems ASAP?

yes, but IMO, one hour is enough for asap.

Emmanuel

Re: configure build trigger ('after each commit') web-console

Posted by Vanja Petreski <vp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Vanja Petreski <vp...@gmail.com>.