Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jeromem <je...@nortel.com> on 2006/05/02 21:07:00 UTC

Log level controls

I have logs generated by Active MQ in my application logger (server & client
sides). Is there a way to specify which level of logging Active MQ will use?
I am currently seing DEBUG logs that I would like to be removed from my app
logs.
See examples of logs below:

Log generated by my app. server side (Producer)
2006-05-02 14:57:43,028 DEBUG Thread: [tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:52471]
TCP consumer thread starting
MDC context=
From:
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:132)

Log generated by my app. client side (Consumer)
2006-05-02 14:58:45,077 DEBUG Thread: [main]
Sending message: ActiveMQTextMessage {commandId=0, responseRequired=false,
messageId=ID:JEROMEM-1-23
MDC context=
From: org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1510)

Re: Log level controls

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi jeromem,

No, this is not a beta characteristic.  This is how most apache
software ships today.  It allows you to enable debug logging if
needed.

You application seems to be using commons logging or log4j and is
configuring activemq to produce verbose logging.  It's up to your
application to reduce the logging verbosity of commons logging or
log4j.  If you need links to the documentation for those projects
please let me know and I'll find them for you.

On 5/2/06, jeromem <je...@nortel.com> wrote:

> I forgot to mention I am using Active MQ 4.0 M4
> Is it a built-in characteristic of a pre-release (beta) library?

Hiram

Re: Log level controls

Posted by jeromem <je...@nortel.com>.

Re: Log level controls

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/2/06, jeromem <je...@nortel.com> wrote:

> I have logs generated by Active MQ in my application logger (server & client
> sides). Is there a way to specify which level of logging Active MQ will use?

We use jakarta commons logging to control the logging levels.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/

If you have log4j on the classpath then you can use that to configure
the logging levels (e.g. see the log4j.properties file in the binary
distro in the conf directory).

--

James
-------