Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jiang, Peiyun" <Pe...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> on 2005/04/07 15:37:40 UTC

tomcat as Windows service - access to resources

I'm running Tomcat 5.0 on Windows 2000. I logon to Windows as user1 and I have a mapped drive G: that requires separate login (I user the same user name and password, so it automatically logs in).
(1) If I login as user1 and start Tomcat from the start script, I can access drive G: from a servlet.
(2) If I login as user1 and run Tomcat as a Windows service, I don't have access to G: from a servlet. Even if I change the service property using user1 to log on, I still don't have access to G: from a servlet.

Is there a workaround? Is it because when you run tomcat as a service, user1 is not the owner of the process even if you use user1 as "log on"?

Thanks.

Peiyun Jiang