Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ho...@de.ibm.com on 2001/03/06 11:14:34 UTC

deriving attributes from one namespace to another

Hi,

I've some trouble with attributes and fixed values and I hope someone can
help me out. Maybe it is not allowed what I'm doing. All I know is that it
does not work.

I use the following definitions and declarations:

In namespace 'test2'

     <complexType name="t">
          <attribute name="a" type="string" use="required"/>
     </complexType>

In namespace 'test'

     <element name="e">
       <complexType>
         <simpleContent>
           <restriction base="test2:t">
             <simpleType>
               <list itemType="long"/>
             </simpleType>
             <attribute name="a" type="string" use="fixed"
value="fixedValue"/>
           </restriction>
         </simpleContent>
       </complexType>
     </element>

     <element name="root">
       <complexType>
         <sequence>
           <element ref="test:e"/>
         </sequence>
       </complexType>
     </element>

I'm using a xml document with the following element:

     <root>
          <e>1 2 3 4 5</e>
     </root>

If I try to validate my document xerces returns an error '[Error]
test.xml:3:6: Attribute "a" is required and must be specified for element
type "e".'

If I move the type 't' into namespace 'test', the validation succeeds.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in xerces?

Thanks!
Holger