Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Krish Chandra <kr...@ERC.MsState.Edu> on 2005/01/04 23:16:46 UTC

J2 release

hi,
    I had read some time back that J2 would be released end of december.
I havent since then heard much about it. Can anyone tell me tentatively
when the first official release will be.
-thanks,
Krish

Re: J2 release

Posted by Hema Menon <me...@gmail.com>.
Jetspeed M1 release is already out.
Here's the relevant quotes from David & Scott.

David Sean Taylor  <da...@bluesunrise.com> to Jetspeed
  Show options  12/5/04
The Apache Portals community is pleased to announce the release
ofJetspeed 2.0 M1.
This is our first milestone release and brings Jetspeed closer to a
final 2.0 release.
Feedback is greatly appreciated, especially in the form of bug reports.

You can download Jetspeed 2.0 M1 from:
http://www.apache.org/dist/portals/jetspeed-2/
Release notes and installation instructions are at:
http://www.apache.org/dist/portals/jetspeed-2/JETSPEED-2.0-M1-README.txt

The Jetspeed Project Wiki and Home pages can be found here:
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/

Scott T. Weaver  to Jetspeed,
 Well, I finally got the binary installer for J2 M1 finished, here is a
temporary link: http://www.binary-designs.net/downloads.html.  The
download takes a little time to start but fairly quick once it does.

The only requirements are that you have a compatible version of the JDK
1.4.2, installed, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/PrefsClassloaderIssuesAndSdk14
for mor info.

Hema