Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2005/03/08 16:46:52 UTC

Anyone know why the DataModels aren't Serializable?

Does anyone know why the JSF DataModels aren't Serializable? Can the state
of a JSF application survive a restart of the Servlet container? Normally,
I've always made my beans Serializable, but, now I'm not able to do so since
I'm making use of DataModels which aren't Serializable.

Jon

Re: Anyone know why the DataModels aren't Serializable?

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.
I don't know why they're not serializable, but unless you have session
replication, or you're doing client-side state saving, my guess is
that a JSF application will not be able to survive a restart.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org