Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johannes Fiala <to...@fwd.at> on 2003/05/31 16:06:04 UTC

Sharing Session data between Contexts - HOWTO

Hi there,

I've just set up a HOWTO describing how to share session data
(=session-based Java objects) between Contexts

http://www.fwd.at/tomcat/sharing-session-data-howto.html

I described how to share the Sessionid between two different Contexts and
how to store and retrieve the shared session data from the central
Context. Removing the session data by implementing the HttpSessionListener
interface brushes things up.

I missed out the part about persisting shared session data using XML or
JDBC with serialization/deserialization techniques as used with Apache
Axis for XML or JDO for JDBC databases. If anybody wants to share his code
or has different ideas: welcome!

Suggestions are welcome as well,
Johannes