Posted to users@rave.apache.org by alex bodnaru <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/10 11:24:44 UTC

tomcat7 deploy

hello friends,

thank you very much for your effort with rave.

pardon my ignorant vocabulary, as i'm new to the java ecosystem.

i've installed tomcat 7 on a debian system, and have support for
the manager-script role.

in the top level raven pom.xml, i've added the tomcat7-maven-plugin
and the tomcat.username and tomcat.password match the manager-script
role.

mvn tomcat7:deploy only deploys rave-portal,rave-shindig,rave-portal-resources,
rave-shindig-resources and rave-demo-gadgets, but rave-components is missing,
thus missing the jdbc support.

could you please guide me how to fix the deployment?

also, please add tomcat deployment to pom, with the option to set the username
and password outside of the pom.xml, so it will survive the next checkout.

thanks in advance,
alex

Re: tomcat7 deploy

Posted by alex bodnaru <al...@gmail.com>.
thanks matt,

i'll try to deploy the original portal first through cargo.

best regards,
alex

Re: tomcat7 deploy

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.