Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Polina Marasanova <Po...@quantium.com.au> on 2016/09/08 03:46:29 UTC

RE: Config for spark interpreter

Hi Mina,

Thank you for your response.
I double checked approach 1 and 3, still no luck.
Probably the point is that I'm not using default Zeppelin binary zeppelin-0.6.0-bin-netinst.tgz because it doesn't fit our cluster architecture (we use MapR 5.1). I built it from source code for version 0.6.0 you provide here https://zeppelin.apache.org/download.html using parameters:
mvn clean package -Pspark-1.6 -Pmapr51 -Pyarn -DskipTests -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=192.168.16.1 -DproxyPort=8080

And could you please clarify for me this point: "Here is one suspicious part you might missed, did you create new Spark Interpreter after restarting zeppelin?"
I dont create any new interpreters. I just want to use default one with my custom settings.

Regards,
Polina

Posted by Polina Marasanova <Po...@quantium.com.au>.
Hi,

We found a way how to solve this issue. It's hacky but probably give you some ideas how to fix it.

Steps:
1. Unpack zeppelin-spark-0.6.0.jar inside zeppelin instance
2. Overwrite interpreter-setting.json
3. Repack jar
4. Restart Zeppelin

Regards,