Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2015/04/21 01:27:53 UTC

Debug.logFoo(String, module, param...) pattern

A long time ago, I added support for %-based formatting of log
messages.  I was wondering what the community felt about switching over
to this, instead of using string concatenation.

So, instead of:

Debug.logInfo("I got a  " + inputValue + ", returning " + result, module);

do this:

Debug.logInfo("I got a %s, returning %s", module, inputValue, result);

I think the latter is much easier to deal with, and makes it easier to
translate, if needed.