Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by jg <jg...@kopfsalat.org> on 2014/07/22 13:34:51 UTC

Errors while testing bigcouch-feature-branch

Hi,

I'm playing around with the bigcouch-feature-branch and got in some
errors while pushing data into the cluster. Some information about the
setup: I do run three amd64 debain kvms with one couchdb instance on each:

Erlang R16B02 (erts-5.10.3) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2]
[async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
Apache CouchDB 8675de9 is starting. (Compiled fresh from github on Jun 25th)

I was pushing some Docs with Attachments (images) with python couchdb
into one cluster member (couch1) when "[warning] mem3_sync" occured on
all three cluster members.

See the following logs:
https://kopfsalat.org/couch_log/couch1_sync_error.txt
https://kopfsalat.org/couch_log/couch2_sync_error.txt
https://kopfsalat.org/couch_log/couch3_sync_error.txt

Well, I was going to compile the newest revision but when I try to start
the couch (without any config changes yet) I couldn't even start the
couchdb.

See the following  log:
https://kopfsalat.org/couch_log/couch1_starting_error.txt

Best
Jeldrik

Re: Errors while testing bigcouch-feature-branch

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
Looks like the "key" line is

> 2014-07-22_13:25:40.28518 15:25:40.282 [error] gen_server couch_server terminated with reason: {key_exists,{1406,35540,280801}} in gb_trees:insert_1/4 line 324

... and it looks like Bob beat me to it with the fix already :)

https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch/commit/c68dc6511d0

Cheers, Adam

Posted by Jeldrik <jg...@kopfsalat.org>.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Sounds like a bug.

The 1843 branch is now obsolete, please confirm this fails on latest master.

Sent from my iPhone