Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ge...@gta-travel.com on 2007/08/24 13:47:24 UTC

recovery_options bitmask values for mod_jk

Hi
Hopefully a simple answer, the documentation says
recovery_options is a bitmask but what I am unsure of is do I set the
value in binary or do I use integer values?

1: don't recover if Tomcat failed after getting the request
2: don't recover if Tomcat failed after sending the headers to client
4: close the connection to Tomcat, if we detect an error when writing
back the answer to the client (browser)
8: always recover requests for HTTP method HEAD (even if Bits 1 or 2 are
set)
16: always recover requests for HTTP method GET (even if Bits 1 or 2 are
set)

I understand bit mask as:
1     0    0    0    1
16    8    4    2    1

Thus the value I want to set teh recovery_options to is:
11000. Integer equivalent would be 24.

Searching the emails I have received from the list since joining shows
people have used normal integer values.

I would be glad if someone could clear this up.

Regards

Re: recovery_options bitmask values for mod_jk

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com schrieb:
> Hi
> Hopefully a simple answer, the documentation says
> recovery_options is a bitmask but what I am unsure of is do I set the
> value in binary or do I use integer values?
>
> 1: don't recover if Tomcat failed after getting the request
> 2: don't recover if Tomcat failed after sending the headers to client
> 4: close the connection to Tomcat, if we detect an error when writing
> back the answer to the client (browser)
> 8: always recover requests for HTTP method HEAD (even if Bits 1 or 2 are
> set)
> 16: always recover requests for HTTP method GET (even if Bits 1 or 2 are
> set)
>
> I understand bit mask as:
> 1     0    0    0    1
> 16    8    4    2    1
>

> Thus the value I want to set teh recovery_options to is:
> 11000. Integer equivalent would be 24.

Integer 24 would be correct.
You should additionally consider vaule "3", making it a 27.

> Searching the emails I have received from the list since joining shows
> people have used normal integer values.
>
> I would be glad if someone could clear this up.
>
> Regards

Regards,

Rainer