Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jfbaro <je...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/12/17 12:05:34 UTC

How is the hadoop marked in the UK/Europe?

Hi guys,

I have been investing some time in learning/experimenting Hadoop and I am
getting quite excited about it. I was wondering how hard it would be to get
a job in a company which is already using (or about to use) this
techonology.

It seems to me only huge companies and Data Centres are the market for
Hadoop, is that right?

I tried to find Haddop job opportunities through job agencies but these
opportunities seem pretty rare.

Thanks very much

Re: How is the hadoop marked in the UK/Europe?

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.
Hadoop is new technology.  You aren't going to find opportunities to work
with it via job agencies.

That said, there is a growing trend towards scalable systems in general and
Hadoop in particular.  Lately, it seems that everywhere I turn around, I
find another startup company using hadoop.  I just was asked to perform due
diligence on a 12 person web-search startup and was pleased and surprised to
find that they used hadoop/nutch/lucene based systems.

I think that you are looking in the wrong places.