Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gavin <ga...@beyondm.net> on 2008/01/21 06:09:23 UTC

Storing Related Data - At Different Times

Hi,
	In the web application we are developing we have two sets of details.
The personal details and the resume details. We allow 5 different
resumes to be available for each user. But we want the personal details
to remain same for each 5 resumes. Personal details are added at
registration time. After than for each resume we want link personal
details. This is a simple join in the db. But how do we achieve this in
Solr. The problem is when personal details are changed we will have to
update all 5 resumes.

	I read the thread "Some sort of join in SOLR?". But not sure this
answers my problem. Would very much appreciate some sort of help on this
one.

Gavin Selvaratnam,
Project Leader

hSenid Mobile Solutions
Phone: +94-11-2446623/4
Fax: +94-11-2307579

Web: http://www.hSenidMobile.com

Make it happen

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. The content and opinions
contained in this email are not necessarily those of hSenid Software International.
If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.

Re: Storing Related Data - At Different Times

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: details. This is a simple join in the db. But how do we achieve this in
: Solr. The problem is when personal details are changed we will have to
: update all 5 resumes.

that is in a nutsehll what you need to do.

>From the perspective of clients, a Solr index is a very flattened date
structure ... if you want each "Resume" document to have all of the
perosonal details of the person associatd with that Resume, then every
Resume document needs to be updated when those details change.

-Hoss