Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by kj1003 <ko...@lmco.com> on 2006/07/13 19:21:18 UTC

Firewall HTTP Tunneling performance

Hi,

We are considering using Active MQ for a messaging project. We recently
found out that most of our servers and client will have firewalls and poking
holes may not be an option. Can ActiveMQ be used to use HTTP Tunneling? I
see some posts but not sure if someone has tried it.

How bad is the performance and reliability hit if HTTP Tunneling is enabled?

Thanks.

Re: Firewall HTTP Tunneling performance

Posted by kj1003 <ko...@lmco.com>.
Thanks. Does it still ensure guaranteed delivery?

Re: Firewall HTTP Tunneling performance

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
It should do yes as its reusing a servlet engine (often an embedded
Jetty) to deal with the HTTP side of things

--

James
-------

Re: Firewall HTTP Tunneling performance

Posted by Aleksi Kallio <al...@csc.fi>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Yes it can be done.  It's less optimal than TCP, but depending on you
message load, you may not notice.

On 7/13/06, kj1003 <ko...@lmco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are considering using Active MQ for a messaging project. We recently
> found out that most of our servers and client will have firewalls and
> poking
> holes may not be an option. Can ActiveMQ be used to use HTTP Tunneling? I
> see some posts but not sure if someone has tried it.
>
> How bad is the performance and reliability hit if HTTP Tunneling is
> enabled?
>
> Thanks.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com