Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sandeep Kumar K <sa...@genevasoftech.com> on 2008/06/17 07:16:48 UTC

Decoding < & > symbols

Hi.

I am getting a SOAP request from client in encoded format.
*<* being encoded to *"&lt'"* & *>* being encoded to "*&gt'"

*I would like to know how can I decode it in my SOAP Server??

*--
Thanks & Regards
Sandeep Kumar K
Sr. Software Engineer
Geneva Software Technologies Limited,
# 82, Research Center II, I floor, EPIPA
Nallurhalli, Whitefield, Bangalore - 560066
Mob  :  +91-9880193454*

Re: Decoding < & > symbols

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
You can automatically handle special XML characters in the SOAP envelope by
sending them within a CDATA section. We've been doing this in WSAS. Search
for CDATA in
https://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/wsas/java/modules/www/extensions/core/js/logconfig.jsfor
an example.

HTH
Azeez

--
Thanks
Afkham Azeez

http://afkham.org
http://www.wso2.org
GPG Fingerprint: 643F C2AF EB78 F886 40C9 B2A2 4AE2 C887 665E 0760