Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> on 2016/10/01 03:08:33 UTC

Re: Geode docs: location of donated source files

Actually, it looks like the staging/docs-grant1 branch has *only* the docs
files, not anything else. If you are seeing directories like geode-core in
your local checkout of the branch, it's probably because you had build
artifacts in those directories and git left the directory around when you
switched branches. I don't see any geode-* directories when I get a clean
checkout or look at the branch on github
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-geode/tree/staging/docs-grant1>.

I think we should just go ahead and create a feature branch off of the the
current geode develop and merge these changes in as a geode-core
subdirectory. We could start the work of cleaning up the build
instructions, etc. right away on that feature branch.

-Dan

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks, everyone, for the clarifications.
I consolidated the doc donation files under a single directory called
'geode-docs' on branch feature/GEODE-1952.

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.