Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jerome iffrig <je...@anitesystems.de> on 2002/08/05 09:42:24 UTC

=== Cocoon + Localisation + Dynamic + database : Need point of view ===

I am building an internationalized website.

I would like all the pages (related to a given topic) to be displayed with a
common layout.
For instance, let's say I want to create a page about recycling paper - I
would like the page to use the same layout for the French, German, English
and Spanish languages - Hence ONE single presentation layer template
associated with 4 versions of XML files representing the content of the page
in different languages.
Furthermore my user should be able do dynamically add new pages (new
topics). This page will initially be entered by the user in any of the 4
languages (let's say French) - the following hours (or days), some other
users might decide to edit an other localized version of the same document -
These now localized versions of the content of the document need to be
dynamically available to the users.

I have been told that Cocoon was able to make this together very efficiently
(I have even been told that I could keep track [e.g. path of the localized
documents] and make them dynamically available in real time as the content
grows) using COCOON.

I have installed cocoon, Have a database ready (MySQL), Servlet container
and everything that is needed for the implementation - I have read some
substantial documentation about cocoon (including official documentation and
had a look at the sample codes) but cannot figure out how to glue everything
together - Basically I don't know how and where to start :o(

Please let me know any comment - Let me know if Cocoon is really a solution
for the things I want to implement - Even send me some sample code if you
have any that could put me on track :o)

Thanks in advance!

Vidauabannais