Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Josep Riudavets <jr...@uoc.edu> on 2003/11/18 17:08:38 UTC

Uploading files with Cocoon 2.1 (one more)

Hi all .... this is my 1000º post referred to the same subject :( Sorry, but I'm not able to develop an upload action under Cocoon 2.1.

Steven Schwarz posted his own upload action, but I can't run it. It contains a "request" action, that I don't need, and I think it is too complex.

Someone else have tried to upload files under Cocoon 2.1? I have readed some solutions for Cocoon 2.0, but the difference between this two versions is high.

Pleaseeeeeeee....some help !!! :(

Thanks all

Re: Uploading files with Cocoon 2.1 (one more)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Try a step by step. Tell us what you have read and tried. How does it fail?

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadsWithCocoon2.1
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadsWithFlow

Joerg

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Askild Aaberg Olsen wrote:

>I have modified the sample xsp upload file for my own project, extended with
>elements from both Schwarz post and the flow-samples. It's neither an action
>nor a flowfunction...
>
>Hope this would be of help to you!
>
>(Comments are welcome, the quality is probably poor...)

For the record, it is really recommended that you _not_ perform business
logic like this in an XSP or any other Generator.  Actions, or much
better, flow are meant for this.  Cocoon is meant to enable the
separation of concerns, and this mixes them.

Josep, just send more information on what is going wrong and what you
are trying to do, or a link to where you've gone over this before in the
archives. (such as at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users

Geoff