Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by John Barrett <jb...@slashdotmedia.com> on 2015/02/24 02:20:33 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7839 Failed to change permission of discussion

---

** [tickets:#7839] Failed to change permission of discussion**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ss9746
**Created:** Tue Feb 24, 2015 01:20 AM UTC by John Barrett
**Last Updated:** Tue Feb 24, 2015 01:20 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/9746/

[forge:site-support:#9746]

----

I tried to change the permission of discussion "post (Post comments, subject to moderation)", from "anonymous" to "member". It gave me the error:
Error 500
We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request.
Where was I wrong?
Thanks.
Steven.

----

I was able to duplicate this issue

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #7839 Failed to change permission of discussion

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: in-progress --> review
- **Comment**:

Fix on branch db/7839

This occurs only if the data for project roles somehow has an unnamed role assigned to permissions, which I don't think is possible with the current UI.  The error is:

    File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/app.py', line 995 in update
      ', '.join(map(lambda role: role.name, filter(None, groups + del_groups))),
    TypeError: sequence item 1: expected string or Unicode, NoneType found

You can reproduce this by creating a new Group in the main permissions page.  Then go to a tool's permission page and assign that group to a specific permission.  Then remove the group's (role's) name in mongo with: `db.project_role.update({name:'myname'}, {$set: {name:null}})`.  Then on the tool permission page you'll see "None" show, and if you try to delete it or make other changes to that permission, you get the error.

---

** [tickets:#7839] Failed to change permission of discussion**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ss9746
**Created:** Tue Feb 24, 2015 01:20 AM UTC by John Barrett
**Last Updated:** Wed Dec 14, 2016 09:42 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: review --> closed
- **Comment**:

Thanks

---

** [tickets:#7839] Failed to change permission of discussion**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ss9746
**Created:** Tue Feb 24, 2015 01:20 AM UTC by John Barrett
**Last Updated:** Thu Dec 15, 2016 03:50 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by Kenton Taylor <kt...@slashdotmedia.com>.
Looks good; clear to merge.

---

** [tickets:#7839] Failed to change permission of discussion**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ss9746
**Created:** Tue Feb 24, 2015 01:20 AM UTC by John Barrett
**Last Updated:** Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:04 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: open --> in-progress
- **assigned_to**: Dave Brondsema

---

** [tickets:#7839] Failed to change permission of discussion**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ss9746
**Created:** Tue Feb 24, 2015 01:20 AM UTC by John Barrett
**Last Updated:** Tue Feb 24, 2015 04:35 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema