Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Casey King <ck...@lovebox.com> on 2005/12/01 20:37:49 UTC

Recurring abuser

My MailScanner boxes are still getting drilled with the Sober.Virus and
spam (none which have made it through) from a single IP address.  I did
a lookup on dnsstuff.com for the address {66.243.13.178} but made no
headway on what to do about this.  What steps do I need to do in order
to get this to stop?  I haven't seen a degridation in mail processing,
but seeing over 150 Sober infected emails, and countless spam each day
is a bit annoying.

Re: Recurring abuser

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Casey King wrote:
> My MailScanner boxes are still getting drilled with the Sober.Virus and
> spam (none which have made it through) from a single IP address.  I did
> a lookup on dnsstuff.com for the address {66.243.13.178} but made no
> headway on what to do about this.  What steps do I need to do in order
> to get this to stop?  I haven't seen a degridation in mail processing,
> but seeing over 150 Sober infected emails, and countless spam each day
> is a bit annoying.

What MTA do you use? Sendmail?
/etc/mail/access:

66.243.13.178	550	virus flood from this system

Re: Recurring abuser

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 11:37 AM 12/1/2005, you wrote:

>My MailScanner boxes are still getting drilled with the Sober.Virus
>and spam (none which have made it through) from a single IP
>address.  I did a lookup on dnsstuff.com for the address
>{66.243.13.178} but made no headway on what to do about this.  What
>steps do I need to do in order to get this to stop?  I haven't seen
>a degridation in mail processing, but seeing over 150 Sober infected
>emails, and countless spam each day is a bit annoying.

RTechHandle: ZB13-ARIN
RTechName:   Hostmaster
RTechPhone:  +1-512-427-3700
RTechEmail:  hostmaster@broadwing.com